Working with the DfE to ensure our recruitment practices meet or exceed the current guidance and legislation.
We currently have 1 vacancy
If you're looking for a great job in IT with a good work life balance then this could be for you. You'll need to be living in the Wakefield, Pontefract and East Kirklees districts. Other opportunities are available and on the job training is available.
About the Job
We specialise in providing comprehensive managed IT support services for Education. As part of our companies continued growth we are now looking for proactive technicians to join our highly motivated team.
We like to look after our staff and the successful applicant can look forward to excellent training opportunities with our professional partners, mileage reimbursement, company pension scheme and bonus rewards. You will also have use of a company laptop and phone as well as all of the tools you require to do your job on a daily basis. You should be based in the Wakefield, Pontefract or surrounding area and be capable of driving to multiple sites.
- Provision of ICT support to multiple schools
- React to schools’ requirements and needs
- Support in the management and delivery of services, and specific projects
- To actively contribute to the research and development of new and emerging ICT solutions
- Monitor and report on the safety and security of the infrastructure of a site
Candidates will also have the abilities to install, troubleshoot and repair issues related to:
- Desktop and Laptop Computer Systems, mobile technologies and tablets
- Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7,8 and 10)
- MS Office (all versions)
- Office 365
- Off the shelf and proprietary applications
- Connectivity in a Windows Server environment
- Basic IP Network connectivity and routing
- Peripherals (printers, scanners, monitors, etc.)
- Microsoft Server experience (Server 2008 to 2012 R2)
The following key skills are essential:
- Exceptional customer relation skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers at all levels
- Ability to work in a fast paced multitasking environment
- Ability to accurately document and demonstrate processes
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to follow procedures and processes
- Work independently and meet project deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Must be a self-starter and be highly motivated
- Good time management skills
- Current driving licence with own car essential
- Clean criminal history/DBS security check mandatory
The following are desirable:
- Printing and Imaging experience
- A Microsoft Certification
- Microsoft Hypervisor knowledge
- Previous work within the education sector
- Knowledge of Apple technologies
Do you think that you are suitable to join our team?
2+ years Education Required 'A' Level/Higher or Equivalent
Job Type Permanent
Job Status Full Time
We also offer an apprenticeship programme based around these posts on a rolling basis, in partnership with Wakefield Metropolitan District Council, Baltic Training (Microsoft) and QA (Microsoft).